Great opportunity to work closely with winemaking team and gain experience in all aspects of winemaking at an award winning family owned and operated winery in the Sierra Foothills. Candidate will perform duties related to all aspects of winemaking: harvest and fermentation, filtering, production and bottling, equipment sanitation and maintenance. Compensation commensurate with skills and experience.
- High School diploma or be in the process of acquiring a degree in Enology and/or Viticulture
- Knowledge of cellar and vineyard practices and equipment preferred
- Mechanically inclined
- Able to regularly lift 50 pounds, occasional 100 pounds
- Experience with basic wine lab tests or completion of High School Chemistry
- Basic algebra skills
- Evidence of record keeping and organization
- Able to effectively communicate in written and verbal forms.
- Work extended hours as required, especially during crush (overtime weekends/evenings/nights or early mornings)
- Wine crush duties: receiving wine grapes, fork lift, pump, crusher, press operation
- Using cellar protocol and under winemaker direction, perform wine movements, evaluate need for and perform additions
- Basic lab tests and analysis (alcohol, residual sugar, malolactic tests).
- Some vineyard duties as directed
- Cleanliness: keep lab and cellar clean, maintain sanitation standards.
- Contribute to maintenance of winemaking records: documentation of crush, wine movements, additions, etc.
- Communicate w/ winemaker, office staff, clients, growers, buyers, etc. in professional manner
- Ideal candidate will work well alone and as a team member
If interested, contact Allen Kreutzer: email@example.com